Toyota Tsusho America, Inc.
Toyota Tsusho America, Inc. (TAI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho Corporation, which was founded as a trading and supply-chain specialist of the Toyota Group. TAI has been operating in North America since 1960. Over the past four decades, it has evolved from a trader in a limited number of commodities and finished goods to a multi-business enterprise.
As a multi-business enterprise, TAI combines international trading with an expansive range of domestically targeted functions (eg. supply-chain services, intermediate goods processing, etc.). Our operating divisions pursue a broad mix of business opportunities related to both industrial and consumer products and services. For more information, please visit our website.http://www.taiamerica.com/
Title: Sales Representative
➤Location: Georgetown, KY
Established in 1986; the Georgetown facility is the Corporate Headquarters of Toyota Tsusho America. Our 75-acre campus houses a variety of business functions including steel processing, warehousing, auto parts distribution, logistics and corporate services.
➤Division& Department: Metal Division, ISU-International Steel Unit
➤Work Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:15 Some overtime required
➤Job Duty/ Responsibility:
• Interface between suppliers and customers in US and overseas for steel trading of specialty steel long products and stainless sheet products;
• Import business: represent U.S customers in automotive industry in obtaining steel product imports by voicing their demands, suggesting the best source from overseas as well as supply chain mechanisms;
• Export business: Assist overseas customers (primarily Mexico customers) with procurement of US steel products. Communicate frequently with US steel manufacturers and steel users in Mexico to achieve more steel raw material localization within NAFTA. Provide logistic solutions, coordinating with logistic companies at the US-MEX border;
• Domestic business: Manage steel sourcing for domestic customers. Conduct steel price negotiation with manufacturers, control order to delivery status;
• Develop/expand business in steel trading with focus on two aspects: promoting more US steel products in Mexico and establishing joint ventures to support local customers depending on import materials with locally produced steel products;
• Negotiate sales/purchase agreements and contracts on a daily basis and document same. Review credit limit status and internal compliance for customer accounts. Approve purchase orders from customer and to manufacturers;
• Review account receivables and support resolution of AR issues. Manage claims;
• Perform Sales forecasting and profit analysis; and
• Coordinate sales assistants, logistic clerks, inventory clerks and accounting clerks in daily operations of department.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related job duties.
• Bi-lingual (Japanese and English) at business level
• Must have Proficient computer skill in Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
• Experience in Automotive industry, steel industry, and/or international trading is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Capable of working in a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
• Business travel (domestic and international) about 20% of working days
If you are interested and have qualification required, please send your resume to Human_Resources@taiamerica.com