POSITION TITLE: Vice-President Janitorial Operations
REPORTS TO: President
Manage, direct, and implement Operations’ strategies and objectives in the area to ensure the achievement of division’s goals. Specifically, involving all operating functions focusing on customers service, cost of services, quality and gross margin, and staffing for the near term. Focuses for the long-term goals are the formulation, planning and implementation of strategies.
The VP of Janitorial Operations will oversee the day-to-day activities of the company, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively.
• Participates in the hiring and training of departmental managers.
• Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of departmental managers.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees with assistance of Human Resource Director as needed and in accordance with company policy.
• Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics (KPI’s), guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
• Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
• Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
• Oversees manufacturing, purchasing, and sales departments, ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
• Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
• Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
• Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
• Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
• Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
• Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
• Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
SMC Vice-President Level Benefits Package
-At 30 days of employment -
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity
- Accident Insurance
-At one year of Service -
- 401k – 401k participation eligibility at one year of service on January 1st and July 1st each year. Company currently matches 5% up to 5% of your payroll deferrals.
-Time Off/Leaves –
Employment Years / Vacation Earned
Years 1 through 3 / 5 Days
Years 4 through 9 / 10 Days
10+ years / 15 Days
After 30 days of service, You are also eligible for (5) annual days PTO (Paid Time Off) time off In addition to the above schedule, which must be used within the year. Each January you are again awarded (5) days. Unused PTO time is forfeited at the end of each year.
In the event you experience death in your immediate family, SMC will grant you three (3) days of funeral leave with pay. Immediate family members are as follows: spouse, child, parent/legal guardian, brother, sister. Immediate family member also includes in-laws and step relationships. Employees who experience the death of a non-immediate family member are eligible for one (1) day of paid funeral leave. Non-immediate family members are as follows: grandparent, great-grandparent, first cousin, aunt, uncle, niece, and nephew. This policy also includes in-laws and step relationships and applies to employee only.
- Bonuses may be paid out by year end. They are discretionary and are not guaranteed.
- Company Vehicle - A company vehicle will be provided for you to use for your business travel.
- Company Laptop, Cell Phone, other electronic items deemed necessary will be provided for you.
For more information, contact: Laura Yates (email@example.com)
141 Howell Drive
Elizabethtown, KY 42701