Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers.
We are currently seeking a flexible team player to fill our Executive Assistant / HR position at our Bowling Green, KY Corporate Office.
BASIC POSITION DUTIES: Provide administrative support to Senior Expatriate Executives at the Corporate Headquarters as well as provide HR support to expatriates in Kentucky and Tennessee.
• Coordinating and scheduling meetings and appointments for assigned Executives.
• Manage extremely active calendar of appointments and assist with event planning.
• Make travel arrangements for assigned executives and business visitors from affiliated companies, and administer expense reports.
• Assist assigned Executives in preparation of presentations.
• Arrange and provide mobility support and assistance with relocation to Kentucky and Tennessee for Japanese expatriates during their assignment in the United States (banking, housing, utility set-ups, communications with realtors, etc.). Assist Japanese expatriates at all locations with temporary housing and rental cars upon assignment.
• Support expatriates in obtaining a social security card, state driver’s license and necessary visa documentation.
• Provide orientation regarding payroll, insurance, company policies, etc. Enter all information into the ADP Payroll System.
• Provide ongoing support to expatriate associates in the assigned area (doctor visits, banking, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned by Executive or Human Resources.
• Associates Degree
• 5 to 7 years of experience as a successful Executive Assistant that demonstrates the ability to stay highly organized and maintain a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to exercise discretion and judgment regarding highly confidential internal and external communications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English, with Native Level Japanese skills required.
• A team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products - Word / Excel / PowerPoint required; knowledge of ADP, ADT Brivo and Certify Expense Management Software a plus.
• Regular attendance is a necessary job requirement for this position.
Our associates are what drive Sumitomo’s continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive
salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
Interested candidates should apply through the SEWS Career Page located at www.sewsus.com
SEWS is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V